This is a private forum to host all things geek and gamer.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

WTS Stone Golem.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jack

PostSubject: WTS Stone Golem.   Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:46 am

u said 40k-50k value minus 9k control rod creation cost. now that we're back from zombie slaying, i want to move to golem to our warehouse space for safe keeping. that means finding a portable hole to borrow and possibly buying a couple oils of levitate (I would like to see if we could just use a simple hoist and some pulleys). While we're down there, we can grab the golems, magic hammer, magic anvil, and any spare parts that could be used to rebuild the suit that got slagged.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smith

PostSubject: Re: WTS Stone Golem.   Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:36 pm

I was pretty much going to say all of that, so I'm on board. I would, however, like to find a more secure place to hide the hammer and anvil; considering they were used by a god, and all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: WTS Stone Golem.   Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:40 pm

the warehouse is space i rent from my guild. it is well guarded, and i'm pretty sure most thieves find it to be bad form to steal from their own guild. even if they were dumb enough to try, there are probably much shinier things in the warehouse than my stuff (not to mention lighter than a couple tons). i think it's currently the best protection we can afford, but i could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
khaosus

PostSubject: Re: WTS Stone Golem.   Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:29 pm

You put out a message you have a golem for sale. Roll gather info, and/or be creative about who you wish to send this info to. This will influence how quickly you find a buyer.

Portable-Hole - You will need to stretch your feelers out beyond Zaz, this is very rare item. Keep in mind it is only 6' in diameter and 10' deep

Update:
Now that you have returned from your adventure, wandering around town you see theater troupes that are putting on performances (2-3 that move about town and perform at various times during the day). They have a skit showing Manx single-handedly defeating a black dragon. Performers were also urging people to rally outside Minaret Palace and convince the council to build a "real" temple to Tempus in Manx honor.

Smoke can be seen from the mass burning of bodies from the army you obliterated to the north.

Lothario - You feel pretty bad about accepting payment from Gort, then returning his decade-long project in such a condition. Its up to you if you if you want to act on this feeling. (Other than giving him scraps from that room.)

You will have some down-time at the beginning of the next session to get these things done.

Renting warehouse space isnt a problem at all. Typically your coworkers keep their hands out of other peoples stuff. Because you have such large items, it would be about 50g/mo in the most secure warehouse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: WTS Stone Golem.   Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:09 am

ok, so here's my plan to try to even things out with gort (i'm gonna need some help from christina for this): i get the golem's eye identified and appraised. I believe you said it was a gem of detect life. Correct me, if I'm wrong, but this would be a custom item worth 6k. I sell the gem, and buy a wand of repair light damage (750gp). Christina can then repair the golem using the wand. With average rolls, it should only take about 22 charges to fully repair it. It sucks to give up an item that can see life thru walls, but I can't afford the wand otherwise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smith

PostSubject: Re: WTS Stone Golem.   Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:53 am

I can also use the wand, Jack. If you do move forward with this plan, I will let you borrow my gem when needed; in the spirit of comradery and all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: WTS Stone Golem.   Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:22 pm

Smith wrote:
I can also use the wand, Jack. If you do move forward with this plan, I will let you borrow my gem when needed; in the spirit of comradery and all.

sweet, thx.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
khaosus

PostSubject: Re: WTS Stone Golem.   Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:53 pm

Good work thinking outside the box!

Obstacles:
1) Its slight metagaming to know this spell exists (We can overlook this Cool )
2) Its an Ebberon spell, not saying it doesnt exist somewhere, but would be extremely rare.
3) Although I let the Artificers Monocle slide, crafting magic items isnt easy! Most magic users are in Calimshan or Fighting the war to the north.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: WTS Stone Golem.   Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:09 am

sold for 30k. split between jason and i.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTS Stone Golem.   

Back to top Go down

WTS Stone Golem.
Page 1 of 1