XPFeed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a private forum to host all things geek and gamer.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stuff for sale

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack

Jack

Stuff for sale Empty
PostSubject: Stuff for sale   Stuff for sale EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 3:59 pm

ok, after selling the stuff i knew the value of, we each get: 150pp, 8gp, 6sp, and 2cp. the following needs to be appraised and sold.

3 vials, paralyze, 1 turn, low dc.
9 crates - 5 spices, 4 wares. 3k for spices, 600 for wares.
deed to alex's house - (have to hang onto it for about 6 months)
ship - worth 3k. (can't sell until we unload the captains)
4 ship captains (indentured. not until we're in calimshan)

side note: sold the dragon bones. dean, christina and i each get 60pp.
Back to top Go down
Smith

Smith

Stuff for sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff for sale   Stuff for sale EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:22 pm

1) What was it that you sold and for what value?

2) You can make the appraise checks, Jack, but if you want the bonuses that my character provides, do not sell the remainder of loot without me.

3) I pocketed the deed to Alex's house while everyone else was asleep. So there.
Back to top Go down
Jack

Jack

Stuff for sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff for sale   Stuff for sale EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 1:15 pm

1. forgot that you are insisting on making this more complicated for ur personal gain. everyone gets 8pp, 8gp, 7sp, and 4cp less, while jason gets 26pp, 6gp, 2sp, and 2cp more.

2. i will continue to do the appraise check / math for the group, since it seems i shouldn't trust u. i will be sure to factor in your tax from now on.

3. if you start trying to pocket things, my rogue will be very rich, very soon, because he can play that game better than anyone else in the group.

PS: i've never been a fan of the severely entropic market in dnd.
Back to top Go down
Smith

Smith

Stuff for sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff for sale   Stuff for sale EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 2:36 pm

Please, allow me to break this down for you.

While you are doing the math for the group (something we all appreciate, I'm sure), my character is doing the actual selling of the items that we acquire. The reason for this is, that without my character's help, the group would obtain only 60% of the value. With my character's help, the group gets 80%, even with my tariff. That is considerable. Since you insist on meta-gaming, and bringing up issues of trust, my character does not consider this more than a business relationship at this time and sees no problem with taking a convenience fee off the top. I did not plan on making this status quo; that is, unless group dynamic doesn't progress.

At this point, I'm fairly certain your character trusts my character just fine, if not more than the other members of the group. If it's the player you're having issues with, we can have an offline conversations as to my motivations. However, if you start blurring the lines, I will lobby for Green Death. (Yeah, I said it.) You cannot complain about the loss of something you never had, let alone ever knew existed.

This character has not been, and is not currently, in the habit of having sticky fingers. He will not be taking any other character's personal belongings unless he or she is deemed a threat, or if he believes that the object or objects in question were stolen from him. Jack, if you want to play your character in a different capacity, you are certainly welcome to do so. However, if I catch your hand in my pocket, you will burn in Hellfire.

I hope this makes things a little more clear and gives you some unneeded insight into my character.

Back to top Go down
Jack

Jack

Stuff for sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff for sale   Stuff for sale EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 3:02 pm

all of my comments were player to player, not in game. my character is happy getting more than the what the standard (though poorly designed) dnd economy would provide. my comment regarding pocketing things was both misinterpreted and would rely on him finding evidence of someone taking something that should have been split by the group. the misinterpretation being that i would take something that belonged to you. i'm just stating the fact that he is on his best behavior regarding the things he finds with the group. there's nothing that's disappeared before the rest of the group has had a chance to look things over, though he's in the best position to make that happen, if he found out that someone else in the group is doing so. he wouldn't begrudge them for acting as such, but he would beat them at their own game.

on a side note, i will have that offline conversation with you, because it would be nice to know said motivations.
Back to top Go down
khaosus

khaosus

Stuff for sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff for sale   Stuff for sale EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 10:30 pm

Quote :
The reason for this is, that without my character's help, the group would obtain only 60% of the value.
Good rolls, role playing (good ideas), and patience will raise return rates to their theoretical maximum (85%).

Quote :
This character has not been, and is not currently, in the habit of having sticky fingers
The shield!
Back to top Go down
Smith

Smith

Stuff for sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff for sale   Stuff for sale EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 10:51 am

Oh, it's going to be like that, is it? Fine. I can make some diplomacy rolls, or whatever else may be required. As far as role-playing goes, Jack and I are adorable (and have reconciled the aforementioned matter), so how hard can that be? Very Happy

And what shield? Did I take a shield? You mean the buckler?
Back to top Go down
Jack

Jack

Stuff for sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff for sale   Stuff for sale EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 12:07 am

sold cptns. 225 each.
sold spices. 900 each.
Back to top Go down
Jack

Jack

Stuff for sale Empty
PostSubject: new set of stuff to sell   Stuff for sale EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 8:41 pm

Here's what we found that needs to be identified, appraised, and either sold or used. I assume jason can sell at 75% here in calimport.

magic stuff:
bracers
ring
2 scrolls
shield
cloak
2 sets of 'heavy robes' (+2 hide, move silently, and AC)

we also found 2pp, 25gp. that splits to 9gp each. i donate my 9gp to the temple, since they are graciously allowing us to stay with them.
Back to top Go down
khaosus

khaosus

Stuff for sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff for sale   Stuff for sale EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:23 am

Bracers of armor +2
Ring of Sustenance
Scroll of Monster Summon II
Scroll of Invisibility
+2 Large shield
Cloak of Charisma +2 (Very nice fabric)

Heavy Robes: Almost unsellable, they appear to be the official garb of the Red Mists.

I forgot, the Captain also had 2 potions of Pass Without Trace.

OH! Jason will need to ID the pois vials. They will register as: Cheaply Made Drow Poison: DC11 Sleep for d4+1 rounds. 2nd pois dmg: Sleep for one hour. 90g/vial.

Back to top Go down
Jack

Jack

Stuff for sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff for sale   Stuff for sale EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 12:39 pm

Looks like all this stuff can and should be used by at least 1 party member, so we probably wont sell any of it. Artemis is interested in the ring. Lothario doesn't need anything listed. The poison, potion, and scrolls should be group gear. Who wants to carry what?

khaosus wrote:
Bracers of armor +2
Ring of Sustenance
Scroll of Monster Summon II
Scroll of Invisibility
+2 Large shield
Cloak of Charisma +2 (Very nice fabric)

Heavy Robes: Almost unsellable, they appear to be the official garb of the Red Mists.

I forgot, the Captain also had 2 potions of Pass Without Trace.

OH! Jason will need to ID the pois vials. They will register as: Cheaply Made Drow Poison: DC11 Sleep for d4+1 rounds. 2nd pois dmg: Sleep for one hour. 90g/vial.

Back to top Go down
Smith

Smith

Stuff for sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff for sale   Stuff for sale EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:49 pm

Christina should get the bracers as her AC is in dire need of it. I would like the robe, as it should stack with my armor. I would like the ring, too, but I can see anyone in the party sporting that. Except Artemis. He's an NPC and I have no desire to make him a full partner or indispensable. Sorry, Jack.

Dean should definitely get the shield. I figure the scrolls are party scrolls, since we have 3 casters. Maybe Dean can hold one (Recommend the Summon Monster II) and Christina can hold the other. I have no desire to keep them in my inventory.

I don't need the potions of Pass Without Trace. Jack, you are the best suited to keep the poison. Probably the sleep vial, as well.

I think we should send the Red Mist robes to the Red Mist leaders. I like to start fights.

Back to top Go down
Jack

Jack

Stuff for sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff for sale   Stuff for sale EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:24 pm

we sell the boat and pay the crew as well. 600 gp each.
Back to top Go down
Smith

Smith

Stuff for sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff for sale   Stuff for sale EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:21 pm

More stuff to buy!!!

So dangerous...
Back to top Go down
Jack

Jack

Stuff for sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff for sale   Stuff for sale EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:35 pm

Smith wrote:
More stuff to buy!!!

So dangerous...

LOL! ... i do have enough for something cheap.... dammit, jason!
Back to top Go down
Jack

Jack

Stuff for sale Empty
PostSubject: dean/jack side mission loot   Stuff for sale EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 2:00 pm

4 anklets of translocation - dean, artemis, and i should each wear one. the other is worth 1400gp
cat's eye brooch - 9000gp (+1 luck bonus to saves, extra +4 against disease)
vest of elemental protection - i can't find this item. which book is it in? or is it a custom item?
bizarre signet ring that gives DR 10/magic (ring whispers to you when you wear it) - Can we get more info regarding this?
4 small red orbs (5d6 fireballs from a necklace of fireballs) - 750gp each. total 3000gp.
6 spellbooks - what spells are in each of the books?
Back to top Go down
khaosus

khaosus

Stuff for sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff for sale   Stuff for sale EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 3:12 pm

Please do a disable device for each of the spellbooks. DC: 28

You may also want to give an anklet to Calastra, even though she was absent, she is quite squishy. (I forget if she has one already).

The ring is similar to protection against arrows, but applies to all physical. 3charges/day 5hrs/charge. 50damage/charge Mental Activation (It feels less like you are activating a magic item, and more like you are asking the essence within to protect you). The ring seems eager to help and has the voice of a child.
Price: same as any item with 3charge/day of a 3rd lvl spell. Might rub some people the wrong way having a childs voice whispering in their ear.

Vest of elemental Protection - I remember finding it somewhere (nfi where, but I have the stats).
3/day will protect wearer from 10 points of type-specific elemental damage, can activate defensively. Lasts 1min/charge. 2400gp
Back to top Go down
Jack

Jack

Stuff for sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff for sale   Stuff for sale EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 1:18 pm

I get a potion that gives +10 (comp) to disable device (100gp) and a fox's cunning potion (300gp). I'll drink them before using DD on the spell books. gives me a total of +26 to DD. If there are any other traps on those books, i'd like to work on them, too, before the potions wear off.
Back to top Go down
Smith

Smith

Stuff for sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff for sale   Stuff for sale EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 1:18 pm

The member 'Jack' has done the following action : Dice roll

#1 'd20' : 16

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 8

#3 'd20' : 6

#4 'd20' : 9

#5 'd20' : 9

#6 'd20' : 14
Back to top Go down
Smith

Smith

Stuff for sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff for sale   Stuff for sale EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 6:17 pm

w00t!
Back to top Go down
khaosus

khaosus

Stuff for sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff for sale   Stuff for sale EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 2:58 am

You succeed! However, no more metagaming. If I give you the DC, act as if you did not know it.

Now that you are able to open the books, what do you wish to do with them?
Back to top Go down
Jack

Jack

Stuff for sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff for sale   Stuff for sale EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 4:09 pm

need to overcome secret page spell on books, somehow
Back to top Go down
Jack

Jack

Stuff for sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff for sale   Stuff for sale EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 4:23 pm

Jack wrote:
4 anklets of translocation - dean, artemis, and i should each wear one. the other is worth 1400gp
cat's eye brooch - 9000gp (+1 luck bonus to saves, extra +4 against disease)
vest of elemental protection - i can't find this item. which book is it in? or is it a custom item?
bizarre signet ring that gives DR 10/magic (ring whispers to you when you wear it) - Can we get more info regarding this?
4 small red orbs (5d6 fireballs from a necklace of fireballs) - 750gp each. total 3000gp.
6 spellbooks - what spells are in each of the books?

selling orbs and brooch thru jason in zaz (3.2k each to artemis, dean and i. 600 is jason's cut.). give and anklet to each of us and one to christina. other items in limbo, for now, until i talk to dean.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stuff for sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff for sale   Stuff for sale Empty

Back to top Go down

Stuff for sale
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
XPFeed :: RPG :: Dungeons & Dragons-
Jump to: