XPFeed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a private forum to host all things geek and gamer.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

(Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
khaosus

khaosus

(Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers Empty
PostSubject: (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers   (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 8:10 pm

This post is more for me than anyone else... but I wouldnt mind feedback.

In order, the prayers I am thinking of taking:

Battle Hymn) As long as I sing the team gets one of the following bonuses per success: +2 to Guts checks, +2 to Fightin' rolls, or ignore 1 lvl of wound modifiers (doesnt stack with Think Skinned). TN5, so a roll of 15 gives me all 3.

Benediction) The team can take 1 wound lvl from the first attack (Like old-school stoneskin). Lasts until next sunset, so I can bless everyone at dinner and we would be covered all day. NT7 (bleh).

Chastise) Allows me to use Faith aptitude in place of Overawe. More of a roleplaying option, I may take it if I am able to get a free prayer

Falter) For each success, I take an action card from a single target. Repeated attempts are at -5 though, so its not perma-stunlock. Would be a good time for me to spend a red chip and wtfpwn a mob thats ruining our day.

Mighty Fortress) Adds temp HP to vehicles and buildings, also increases their armor. +10 hp/+1 armor for buildings, +5/+0 for vehicles.

Panacea) Heal even supernatural diseases and ailments.

Parley) Speak and understand all languages

Smite) Increases strength die type by 1 per success. Would be really fun if I want to punch.

Gifts:
Lion-Hearted) +2 guts checks
Zeal) +2 to any Aptitude (except Faith, damnit!). I can change the aptitude at the beginning of a session.

Battle Hymn, Benediction, and Zeal on the top of my list. I need more XP.

Really, I need ways to increase my Faith. I may start dumping all my XP in there from now on.

Back to top Go down
khaosus

khaosus

PostSubject: Re: (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers   (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 9:00 pm

Now the teriyaki powers...

Ghost) Walk through physical objects, immune to physical attacks, but cannot use physical attacks. Costs wind/round
Hell Fire) Eventually do massive amounts of fire damage by expending wind (6D10!) Also grand armor vs fire.
Supernatural Trait - Spirit) Increases die type? There isnt a lot of description here...
Cat Eyes) See in dark, look through someones soul (alignment check).

Supernatural Trait looks the best, if it does what it says. I'll clarify with J.
Back to top Go down
Jack

Jack

PostSubject: Re: (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers   (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers EmptyThu May 02, 2013 12:21 pm

Battle Hymn is pretty awesome. Benediction is pretty good too. I think Panacea is neat. Not sure how often it comes up, but if it even come up a little, it could be a game saver. Parley would cross the language barrier, if (read when) we enter territory where the party doesn't know the local language. Pretty powerful, RP-wise. Zeal is badass, since it can be re-assigned. I don't know how much a gift costs, but u'd probably be better off just buying more dice for guts than getting lion-hearted. ur spirit die type must be pretty good.

all of the teriyaki powers sound awesome, but imho, ghost looks best. intangibility! so many things u could do with that. trap-smith, scout, scare the bejeezus out of ppl, be nearly invincible, walk out of prison (or a noose)...
Back to top Go down
khaosus

khaosus

PostSubject: Re: (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers   (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers EmptyFri May 03, 2013 12:32 am

Gifts and Prayers cost the same: I get to chose one when I raise my Faith skill (currently at 5).
Jerky powers are much cheaper at the moment because they would all be at a much lower level.

Ghost is awesome! Drains wind very quickly though.

I clarified with J and Supernatural Trait increases die type. I will probably drop a few points in there next game.
Back to top Go down
Smith

Smith

PostSubject: Re: (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers   (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers EmptyFri May 03, 2013 7:38 pm

You can take Supernatural Trait to increase your Spirit, if you would like. However, as it is early in the game, I would recommend that you use those oh-so-valuable points to fill in any gaps in your character or the party first. You are, after all, already sitting on a D12.
Back to top Go down
khaosus

khaosus

PostSubject: Re: (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers   (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers EmptySun May 12, 2013 8:13 pm

I filled in the obvious lack of ability to use a gun, going to drop some points in Throwin', what other holes were you thinking?
Back to top Go down
Smith

Smith

PostSubject: Re: (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers   (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers EmptyTue May 14, 2013 10:55 am

It's hard to say as I never have your character with me when I think of it. Stupid work. We can go over it on Saturday. I'm sure Jack has his own thoughts.
Back to top Go down
khaosus

khaosus

PostSubject: Re: (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers   (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers EmptyThu May 16, 2013 2:01 pm

Jason,

If you dont mind, I would like to take your suggestion and swap out Dark Vision for Cats Eye.
If you will also allow it, I would like to swap Protection for Battle Hymn. Might help the party with their weak stomachs (hehehe).

I like protection, and see how useful it can be... might even take it later, but feel the +2 guts check would help the whole party, myself included.
Back to top Go down
Smith

Smith

PostSubject: Re: (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers   (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers EmptyThu May 16, 2013 4:35 pm

Done.
Back to top Go down
Jack

Jack

PostSubject: Re: (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers   (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers EmptyThu May 16, 2013 8:04 pm

i'd have to see ur skills list to check for holes. some basics are dodge, guts, horse ridin', scrutinize search, and maybe trade. on top of that, social stuff and offensive combat stuff.
Back to top Go down
khaosus

khaosus

PostSubject: Re: (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers   (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers EmptyThu May 16, 2013 8:49 pm

I do not have horse-ridin', being undead gives me negatives to deal with animals. I also do not have Trade, although a useful skill, it does not fit with my char.
Back to top Go down
Smith

Smith

PostSubject: Re: (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers   (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers EmptyFri May 17, 2013 2:28 pm

Negatives for Horse Ridin' doesn't mean you shouldn't ride. It just means you should either get a better quality of horse, put more points into it, or not try anything fancy.
Back to top Go down
khaosus

khaosus

PostSubject: Re: (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers   (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers EmptyFri May 17, 2013 5:34 pm

A well trained horse is a good idea. If I am able to make it tomorrow, I would like to see prices.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers   (Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers Empty

Back to top Go down

(Un)Holy Beef-jerky powers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
XPFeed :: RPG :: Deadlands-
Jump to: