XPFeed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a private forum to host all things geek and gamer.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Interest Check

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Karlstein

Interest Check Empty
PostSubject: Interest Check   Interest Check EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 10:45 pm

I am wondering if there is interest here in an East Texas University game. It uses the same Savage Worlds rules that Deadlands does and is a modern heroic horror game. This game would be on Friday nights and played as often as we can get 3+ people together.

I have three possible players (Jason, Chris and my wife Rachel).
Back to top Go down
Pwarky

Pwarky

Interest Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interest Check   Interest Check EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 2:25 pm

For those, like myself, that had no idea what East Texas University was: (a kickstarter I missed!)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/545820095/east-texas-university-savage-worlds

"Students at East Texas University have a few more challenges than other students–balancing parties, studies, and saving the world!

They say ETU is a great place to earn a quality education without the big city distractions and dangers. This is the 21st century and no one wants to admit they’ve helplessly watched a classmate get sucked into the pages of a library book, come face-to-face with an angry ghost, or glimpsed a creature prowling the campus by the light of the full moon.

College is where you make your own choices and find out who you really are. You can keep your head down, hoping to avoid the twisted horrors you sometimes catch out of the corner of your eye, or you can face your fears, fight the darkness, and protect your campus. Everyone starts out as a wide-eyed freshman, but if you survive four years at ETU you’ll be a hero."
Back to top Go down
Karlstein

Interest Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interest Check   Interest Check EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 4:37 pm

Check out the website fightingravens.com to for a little flavor and atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
Pwarky

Pwarky

Interest Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interest Check   Interest Check EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 5:09 pm

The stories on http://fightingravens.com/ are fantastic!

Very Atmospheric.
Back to top Go down
Karlstein

Interest Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interest Check   Interest Check EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 5:54 pm

Yeah, they are a lot of fun to read. The game creators are accepting the end results of gaming groups stories to add to the site. The game just lends itself to interesting situations and I like that it forces the characters to do a lot of things without killing. You have a gun on campus and you are going to get kicked out of school and out of the game. If you kill someone it better be damn obvious it was self defense or you better have a great place to hide a body.

Back to top Go down
Karlstein

Interest Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interest Check   Interest Check EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 12:32 pm

I am hoping to get characters done for this or Earthdawn in the next couple of weeks so if anyone is interested let me know. I live about 5 minutes away from Jason so if you know how to get to his place you can get to mine.
Back to top Go down
Karlstein

Interest Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interest Check   Interest Check EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 3:12 pm

Starting character creation this Friday. If anyone is interested let me know.
Back to top Go down
Pwarky

Pwarky

Interest Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interest Check   Interest Check EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 4:21 pm

I made a Jock! It will be a lot of fun to role play I think. Never played an idiot before. Well, except while dating...
Back to top Go down
Karlstein

Interest Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interest Check   Interest Check EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 6:56 pm

Rachel is looking at making a Sorority Girl/Causehead, so that should be a fun addition to the group. I have to get a time to make Chris's character.

Once I know what weekend we are doing my daughters birthday party I will nail down a start date for the game and let you all know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Interest Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interest Check   Interest Check Empty

Back to top Go down

Interest Check
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
XPFeed :: RPG :: East Texas University-
Jump to: